whereas the GITAM has the objective to provide facilities and promote studies in emerging areas of higher education on the frontiers of science,technology'and management education. ln pursuance" of the objective, the institute has been endeavouring to develop closer relationship with the corporate world so that the synergy between academics and business world can be reaped to the fullest extent'
whereas TCGLS, a leading company engaged in contract research services and informatics providing services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the area of drug discovery & development as well as involved in basic research. The company presently has more than 900 scientists (including approx. 250 PhDs), operating from Kolkata, Hyderabad, USA and Europe.
Now, Therefore ,IT IS HEARE BY AGREED To BY AND BETWEEN GITAM AND TCGLS AS FOLLOWS:
- PERIOD OF MoU
This MoU comes into effect from the date of its signing and will remain in force for a period of 1.0 years on renewal basis.
- SCOPE OF THE WORK
The details of the agreements are as given below:
- Collaborative Research Program
- The GITAM and TCGLS would work together in writing the research proposals in the area of chemical and biological sciences primarily aligned io phr.."."rtical industry needs for funding from various national and international funding agencies.
- The terms and conditions regarding sharing of work 'facilities' data' Intellectual Properties and others related issues in case of joint research work shall be decided in advance for each proposal/project individually in writing by both the Parties.
- Joint Ph.D' Program
- The regular Masters staff of the TCGLS, as nominated by them' shall be registered for regular PhD. programs of the GITAM through entrance test/any other admission criteria applicable to any other candidate'
- The staff of TCGLS shall have to fulfil all the conditions laid down in the ordinance for Ph.D. of the Institute, including course work' research work and publications as applicable to any other candidates'
- In the case of any change in the provisions of the ordinance for PhD" the same shall be applicable to the candidates sponsored by the TCGLS.
- The candidates of the TCGLS shall work under supervision of the regular faculty of the Institute as per the Ph D' Ordinance ofthe GITAM' However' for day to day supervision of the PhD' work' TCGLS shall nominate a senior Y Ph.D. staff member as a co-guide who has a minimum of five years regular experience in conducting/supervising research work. ln the event the co-guide leaves the employment of TCGLS, the company shall immediately nominate another eligible staff member in place of the earlier co-guide in consultation with the Institute. PhD registration should be made as per the relevant ordinance of the Institute (GITAM).
- The candidates of the TCGLS shall work in the laboratory of TCGLS and GITAM, as desired mutually by the supervisors.
- For effective supervision of the candidates, supervisors both from GITAM and TCGLS shall undertake video conferencing, mutual visits, as and when required.
- TCGLS shall bear the travel expenses of mutual visit.
- In the event the TCGLS sponsored PhD candidate during his PhD program resigns from TCGLS or gets terminated from the employment with TCGLS, the said candidate will not be allowed to carry on with his PhD under this MoU and the said candidate shall be liable to refund back TCGLS the financial loss incurred by them.
- Collaborative Research Program
- Management of this MoU
For the smooth implementation and operation of this MoU, an 'alliance management team (AMTJ', shall be formed which would constitute of 6 members with 3 members nominated by each party. The AMT shall look into various operational aspects and lay down 'specific operating procedures (s0PsJ',from the time to rime. The SOPs formed and signed by AMT would be binding on both parties till they are not revised or rescinded by AMT. Both parties will have liberty to change its nominated members under intimation to the other party.
- Communication between GITAM and TCGLS
Both parties shall maintain regular communication and exchange data and other information in such manner and frequency as mutually decided on case to case basis. All information exchanged shall be confidential in nature unless the same is in public domain or the recipient has been allowed to treat the same as non-confidential by the other party. The disclosure of the same shall be governed by the Secrecy clause of the MoU. The mode of communication will include personal meetings, teleconferences, video conferences, emails, postal communications, use of electronic media, etc.
- Other Measures to promote closer Ties
The GITAM and TCGLS shall work together to promote closer interaction between scientists of TCGLS and faculty of the GITAM through various measures such as organizing joint seminars, workshops, talent hunt competitions etc.
- Right of the Ownership/Technology Transfer and Utilization
The know-how generated from joint efforts will be the joint property of GITAM and TCGLS. It shall be the responsibility of both party jointly with equal share to take necessary action for protection of intellectual property arising out of joint efforts through proper instruments, such as, patents' copy right and publications and commercialization etc.
It is hereby agreed that the participating agencies shall keep information including but not limited to data, document, structure, formulae, know-how collected completely secret and discloser shall be made on the terms and conditions mutually agreed upon.
In case of any default by either party, the aggrieved party shall intimate the other party of its grievance and give the defaulting party a reasonable opportunity to make good the default, failing which, the matter will be put up for arbitration as defined below. ln the event the arbitration bench fails to reach a consensus for dispute resolution, the aggrieved party will be at liberty to issue a termination notice to the other party. The notice period will be 6 months.
It has also been understood by both the parties that in case of termination of this MoU,therightsandresponsibilitiesofboththepartieswillcontinueintermsof the TCGLS candidates enrolled for PhD program till they complete their PhD and in terms of collaborative research projects till the projects are completed.
- The specific proposal of research shall be made jointly by the concerned supervisor from GITAM and TCGLS.
- TC-GLS shall make the funding for the project outlay.
- the release of fund may be made by TCGLS, annually as per the progress of the project.
In the event of any question, dispute or difference whatsoever arising between the parties to this Agreement out of or relating to the construction' meaning scope' operation or effect of this Agreement or the validity of the branch there of shall be referred to Arbitration wherein Director - Research & Consultancy' GITAM and Head HR& Admin, TCGLS will constitute the arbitration bench' ln the event they fail to resolve the dispute with in a period of 3months from the notification by one party to other of the existence of such dispute, then the provisions of Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, shall apply.
- Governing Law
The law of lndia shall govern this Contract for the time being in force. IN WITNESS WHERE of the parties here to have signed, sealed and delivered this Agreement on the day, month and year first above written in presence of: